Prizes ranging from $1,000 up to as much as $25,000 will be awarded for the finest lyric poems celebrating the human spirit. The contest is open to all writers, published or unpublished, who will be under the age of 40 on November 6, 2013. Entries must be postmarked on or before the first Saturday in October (October 5, 2013). Only previously unpublished poems are eligible for prizes. Names of prize winners will be published on our website on February 5, 2014, together with a selection of the winning poems. Please visit our website DorothyPrizes.org for further information and to read poems by previous winners.
Please note that our deadline for entries is earlier than in previous years and that we have a new mailing address.
Checklist of Contest Guidelines
• Entries must be postmarked on or before October 5, 2013.
• Past winners may re-enter until their prizes total in excess of $25,000.
• All entrants must be under the age of 40 on November 6, 2013.
• Submissions must be original, previously unpublished, and in English: no translations, please.
• Each entrant may submit one to three separate poems.
• Only one of the poems may be more than thirty lines in length.
• Each poem must be printed on a separate sheet.
• Submit two copies of each entry with your name, address, phone number and email address clearly marked on each page of one copy only.
• Include an index card with your name, address, phone number and email address and the titles of each of your submitted poems.
• Include a $10 entry fee payable to the Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Memorial Fund. (This fee is not required for entrants resident outside the U.S.A.)
• Poems will not be returned. Include a stamped addressed envelope if you wish us to acknowledge receipt of your entry.
Mail entries to:
Dorothy Sargent Rosenberg Poetry Prizes
PO Box 148
Stewarts Point, California 95480